Thursday, February 21, 2013

Why do I write my novels in Boston and Miami?

For newcomers to my site, here are some videos where I explain why I use Boston and Miami as muses in most of my books. I also explain the story behind "Take the Lead" which has just been released in Spanish as "Tomar La Iniciativa." In this video, the book was temporarily titled "To Dance With My Father" until I realized that it sounded like a really sad Luther Vandross song and so I switched it to "Take the Lead" which has a positive and active dance connotation.  I also explain why I decided to write Beantown Cubans in Boston and focusing it on Jamaica Plain, the Latin Quarter of Boston.






Open Road Media: Johnny Diaz on Beantown Cubans from Open Road Media on Vimeo.

Open Road Media: Johnny Diaz on Special Themes from Open Road Media on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment